The following special events are planned for each evening of the conference and for each lunch hour. Unless otherwise stated, all events take place in the main building of the University of Vienna, see address below.
Wednesday 3 August:
Special session: Iran and the Future of Oil 12:15-2.00 pm Room 33 (1st floor)
Opening and award ceremony 06:00-08:00 pm Grosser Festsaal (1st floor)
Thursday 4 August:
Special session: Vienna Nuclear Talks: One Year Later 12:15-2:00 p.m. Room 33 (1st floor)
Reception for Homa Katouzian 06:00-07:00 pm Senate Hall (1st floor)
Reception hosted by the City of Vienna 08:00 pm Rathaus (City Hall), Rathausplatz.
Friday 5 August:
Special Session: Challenges and Opportunities for the Development of Social Sciences and Humanities in Iran 12:15-2:00 pm Room 33 (1st floor);
General Meeting of The Association for Iranian Studies Grosser Festsaal (1st floor) 05:00-06:00 pm;
Closing reception 06:00-09:00 pm Grosser Festsaal (1st floor).
Registration Fees We strongly encourage MEMBERS to pre-register.
- Individuals: $100.00 USD All Access
- Students: $60.00 USD All Access
- The deadline for Members' WEBSITE PREREGISTRATION is no longer availalbe (closed June 23rd).
Begins Tuesday August 2nd 2-6 pm University of Vienna, main building, 1st floor, Garderobe 1.The on-site registrations fees are:
- Individuals: $140.00 USD All Access (Cash Only);
- Students: $80.00 USD All Access (Cash Only, student ID required )
- The conference venue is the main building of the University of Vienna (Universität Wien), Universitätsring 1, 1010 Vienna. https://email@example.com,16.3606726,18z
- IT/AV/wifi & tech support will be availalbe in conference rooms.
- For informtion about the university http://event.univie.ac.at/en/venues/room-allocation-for-events/locations-floor-plans-and-photos/main-building/
- For information about Vienna, please link to:http://www.vienna.info/en
- Hotel accommodation for conference participants. The conference accommodation link allows you to book rooms for conference group rates (valid until 18 June) at various 3 to 5 star hotels within walking distance from the conference venue. The 5-star hotel Hilton Vienna Plaza and the 4-star hotels Austria Trend Rathauspark and Regina – Kremslehner are located in the immediate vicinity. The 5-star Fleming’s Deluxe Hotel Wien-City, the 4-star hotels Mercure Wien Josefshof, Levante Parliament and Boltzmann, and the 3-star hotels Austria Classic Bleckmann and Alpha are a 10 to 15 minute walk to the conference venue). http://associationforiranianstudies.org/conferences/2016/accommodation
- The 2016 Book Exhibit space is now fully booked and is closed as of June 21st to reservations . Please direct all questions concerning the 2016 Book Exhibit to the Chair of the Committee: Dr. Sibylle Wentker Tel.: +43-1-51581-6514; email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book Exhibit is open Aug. 3rd and Aug. 4th 9 am-6 pm & Aug. 5th 9 am-5 pm Kleiner Festsaal (1st floor)
- A FIRST DRAFT OF THE PROGRAM OF THE AIS BIENNIAL CONFERENCE PROGRAM IS NOW POSTED ON THE AIS WEBSITE http://associationforiranianstudies.org/conferences/2016/ THE UPDATED FINAL PROGRAM WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE BEGINNING OF JULY.
- Presentation Guidelines: Each panel is allotted 90 minutes. Ideally, presentations should be completed within the first 60 minutes. Therefore, presenters should endeavor to confine their initial remarks to 15 minutes.
Panel discussants should confine their initial remarks to 10 minutes, after the completion of the research presentations.
Panel chairs are tasked with monitoring the time allotted to each presenter and the discussant, as well as recognizing questions from the floor. Panel chairs have the discretion to allow (or disallow) a paper to be read for a panelist who is prevented by last-minute and unavoidable circumstances from attending the conference. However, as the purpose of the conference is to facilitate scholarly dialogue among attendees, it is preferable for chairs to allocate any additional time to presenters in attendance (equally) or to the question and answer period. In the event that a chair is unable to attend the conference (and no discussant is available to assume the responsibility), the panelists should moderate the panel collaboratively in accordance with the presentation guidelines for Research Panels stated above. Panels organized by the Program Chair from individual submissions have been assigned a chir, often from among the scheduled presenters.
Each panel is allotted 90 minutes, but the primary purpose of the Roundtable is to facilitate discussion. Therefore, Roundtable contributors should confine their initial remarks to 5 minutes (with the understanding that they will have other opportunities in the course of the discussion to elaborate on their perspective). POLICY REGARDING PARTICIPANT WITHDRAWALS If you cannot attend, then the expectation is that you should withdraw from the program. If there is a last minute problem, it would be at the discretion of the chair of your panel as to whether to permit your paper to be read. As panels are pressed for time, yielding that time to one's colleagues is likely to be preferred.
Conference attendees from non-EU countries may require a visa to travel to Austria. It is the sole responsibility of the attendee to take care of his or her visa requirements. It is recommended to apply for a visa at least 3 months in advance of the Conference. Attendees requiring a visa can request a Letter of Invitation from the Conference organizers. The Letter of Invitation serves the sole purpose of supporting the visa application. The Letter of Invitation does not financially or otherwise obligate the Conference organizers in any way.
Please send the following information by Email by 30 April 2016. It cannot be guaranteed that requests for Letters of Invitation which reach us after 30 April will be processed. Please copy the following email directly into the send line of a message with your information if you have trouble with a direct link. email@example.com
Full Name (as in passport)
Country of citizenship
Date of Birth
Place of Birth
Place and date of issue of passport
Date of expiry of passport
Embassy or consulate where you intend to apply for the visa
The names of paper authors are linked to their public isis directory profile page. This is a good time to update directory information by editing the ‘my profile’ section. Participants may edit their own paper submissions by entering their account/My Conference Submissions. The deadline for edits was April 1.
Student requests for travel funds: January 25, 2016 Update. Successful requests have been notified. If you do not receive an email message from the AIS Director, please accept our regret for our inability to offer you travel assistance for the 2016 biennial conference. We wish we could support all student requests but we have limited funds for this initiative. The Conference Committee has made arrangements for a range of accommodations for conference participants including a few with very reasonable rates. Please consult:http://associationforiranianstudies.org/conferences/2016/accommodation
Website technical problems firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference program email@example.com
General inquiries firstname.lastname@example.org