UPDATES AUG. 3: PLEASE NOTE.
- We understand that due to the ongoing pandemic, plans may change. If you cannot attend the conference but would like to present your paper virtually, please contact the chair of your panel AND conference chair Prof. Miguel Angel Andres Toledo at email@example.com ASAP. We will try to accommodate requests for virtual talks until August 10th but will be unable to do so after that date.
- Covid-19 Related Information: Before you depart, please make sure to check the latest entry requirements to Spain. As of this email, Spain does not have mandatory masking policies indoors except in public transportation. AIS will adhere to Spain's policies on Covid-19 during the course of the conference.
Conference Dates / Location
- Dates: August 30 - September 2, 2022
- Location: University of Salamanca, Spain, at the Faculty of Philology
- Individuals: $100.00 USD All Access
- Students: $60.00 USD All Access
- Institutional Members: Institutional Members have 10 free conference registrations. If you are a member of these organizations, please contact them to inquire about this benefit: https://associationforiranianstudies.org/membership/ais-institutional-members
- Please come to the Registration Desk with Current AIS Membership as it is required in order to attend the conference.
- Registration for Members on the 2022 program is carried over from their first submission
- If a member is not on the program a registration payment is required at the registration desk.
- IMPORTANT ALL PAYMENTS at the registration desk in Salamanca are in CASH-Euros only. For your convenience, please update your membership and pay for registration before coming to the conference.
- Onsite registration (in Salamanca) is for those who couldn't present their papers or are not on the program. Also for special cases, e.g. Iranian scholars who cannot pay online; participants who don't present but attend.
Information about the conference venue
- The conference venue is at the Faculty of Philology of the University of Salamanca, Spain: https://www.usal.es/facultad-de-filologia
- For information about the Salamanca university https://www.usal.es/pt
- For information about Salamanca, Spain: http://www.salamancaconventionbureau.com/en/
Accommodation for 2022 will be added to this page when the Conference Chair has updated information in a few months. Additionally, participants should not book rooms at the Colegio Fonseca until availability for 2022 is confirmed on this page.
click here for more information
Sightseeing Tour of Salamanca for Conference Participants
There will be a sightseeing tour in Salamanca on the evening of August 31. Please register now with your name and number of participants. The fee will depend on the number of sightseers and will be paid directly to the company.
Date: August 31st, 2022
Cost per participant: ca. 5 Euro
If you are interested in joining the tour click here
Information will be available when you register at the conference registration desk.
- Fly into Madrid Adolfo Suarez International Airport (MAD)
- Take a direct bus to Salamanca from T1 or T4. For tickets (https://www.avanzabus.com/ ). The bus is very convenient and comfortable and has WiFi
- There is a train from Madrid Chamartin Train Station (https://www.renfe.com)
- Participants who decide to reach Salamanca by train (https://www.renfe.com) will get a discount of 5% on the total amount with the authorization number 052207172, Congress/Fair: 13th Biennial Iranian Studies Conference (AIS2022).
- Keep checking this page in the next couple of weeks.
Publishers book your space
more info to follow
Instructions for 2020 submissions and registrations
The conference is being planned as an in-person conference. Participants in the program who cannot attend can present their already accepted papers or posters online. The Faculty of Philology installed cameras on each computer of each room for online teaching in 2020-21, and they will be available for the AIS biennial
Submissions fall into 3 distinct categories:
- 1- Participants of AIS 2020 who already registered and will present their previous submission either in-person or online: You are automatically approved and registered for 2022 using your submission for 2020. If you want to do a different paper, go to Option 2 below.
- 2- Participants of AIS 2020 who already registered but would like to change their previous submission: You don't need to register for the conference and only have to submit a new proposal. (which will be peer-reviewed) If you were not registered or accepted for 2020, please go with Option 3 below to submit a proposal and pre-register 2022.
- 3- New participants who will present in-person/online: You need to register/pay for the 2022 conference and submit your proposal for peer review.
Deadline: July 30, 2021
Proposal Submission (New participants)
- The submission page is now open to receive new proposals for papers, panels and roundtables. The deadline for proposal submission is July 30 2021 (11:59 Pacific Time). Please follow the instructions on the AIS submission guideline.
Website technical problems firstname.lastname@example.org
General inquiries email@example.com
For all inquiries in regard to the conference logistics contact THE PROGRAM CHAIR Dr. Miguel Ángel Andrés-Toledo at firstname.lastname@example.org
AIS gratefully acknowledges the following sponsors of the Thirteenth Biennial Conference
Poster Contest Results
The Faculty of Fine Arts at the University of Salamanca organized a logo and poster contest for their students for the AIS 2020 Biennial Conference.The AIS Conference Chair along with two Professors of Design selected the 8 finalists on this page from more than 70 proposals.